Giving your team members different levels of access helps protect your business's customer data. Click Here create a new user for your account. NOTE: Only your Master Administrator should be given the ability to fully access and export all your data. Click here to edit an existing team member's access level.
There are five types of Access Levels:
- Admin - This access level has full access to everything in Gazelle, including billing, settings, users, and exporting data. Optional: This user can also be scheduled for appointments.
- Limited Admin - This access level has full access to everything except exporting data. This user CANNOT export your data. Optional: This user can also be scheduled for appointments.
- Technician - This access level is limited. The user can be scheduled for appointments, but has limited access to customer information and CANNOT export any data.
- Subcontractors - Set all subcontractors up as technician users. Click Here to learn more about subcontracting outside help with Gazelle.
- Assistant - This access level can see all the schedulable user's calendars, schedule appointments, edit customer files, and adjust limited settings. This user cannot be scheduled for appointments and is most often used for office staff who help with customer support and scheduling.
A user with the "admin" role has access to everything with no restrictions. This user can be a "Schedulable" user if they do service calls (or a non-schedulable user if they don't do service calls). They can see and modify all clients, pianos, appointments, estimates, invoices, estimates, reminders, etc. Admin users can also see and modify all settings, change billing settings, view everyone's calendars, schedule appointments for other technicians, and add or remove users.
Limited Administrator Permissions:
There are two variations for Admins. 1. Has Limited Access and 2. Cannot be scheduled as a field technician.
Limited Access Admins can be a schedulable or non-schedulable user. (a good example of this is a user who is the head technician who has additional responsibility in the company but who is NOT the owner of the company). The Limitations for this user include:
- Prevents the user from exporting data
- Prevents the user from modifying other users
- Prevents the user from changing the billing information
- Prevents the user from changing company-wide settings
A technician is a user whose primary role is field service. Here is a comprehensive list of restrictions for technicians:
- Can only view clients who have the technician user set as the preferred technician - or - clients for whom no preferred technician is assigned. Client's assigned to other users will be hidden from them.
- Cannot change most settings. The only settings a technician can modify are their own user information, their own scheduling policies.
- Cannot export data
An assistant is a user whose primary role is providing support from the office. Here is a comprehensive list of restrictions for assistants:
- Can see and manage all client information
- Cannot have appointments scheduled for them
- Cannot create Invoices, but can modify and send existing invoices
- Cannot create Estimates but can modify and send existing Estimates.
- Cannot export data