Collaborating with technicians to expand your services is a great way to grow your business (and this is easy to do in Gazelle)!
Step 1: Add your subcontractor as a user on your existing Gazelle Subscription.
Step 2: Set up a 2-way sync to keep their calendar(s) up to date with the Gazelle calendar your company will be using to fill holes in their schedule.
Step 3: Choose the services your subcontractor can provide.
Step 4: Start scheduling events on their calendar.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS & TIPS
Where do I find people?
Contact the the various trade organizations and schools to see if they know anyone in the area of expertises you are looking for. The schools will be eager to help their graduates; and the trade organizations will be eager to help their members.
How do I present their services to my customers?
The easiest thing to do is to tell your customers "To provide XYZ service I collaborate with other professionals who are highly specialized in their field of expertises. Scheduling this service is easy and backed by our company's satisfaction guarantee."
Can I disable their user at any time?
Yes, as soon as your busy season slows down you can disable their user and funnel all your appointments back onto your calendar.
Can this person see my calendar (or other user's calendars) when they log in?
No, subcontractors have limited access and can only:
- View their own calendar (not the calendar of other users).
- Contact or message customers using the Gazelle app (they cannot see the customer's full phone or email address).
- They cannot download or export your data.
- They cannot delete customer or piano data.
- They can only change settings related to their user (they do not have administrator access to your company wide settings).
- They can only view customers for whom they are the preferred service provider (or for whom no preferred technician exists).
- Click here to read about user permissions and access limitations.
Can I limit the services this user can provide?
Yes, edit the items on your Master Service List to limit the services different users can provide. Read this article.
Can I charge a different rate for their services (compared to my services)?
Yes, simply create a Master Service List item tied to this user (i.e. Regulation, Voicing, Finish Repair, etc... this will help customers schedule with the right person on your team. Read this article.
Still have questions? Email Support@GazelleApp.io.